Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Kindergarten!!!

So much of my worries with this move has been on how Ivan will do with all the transitions. He doesn't typically do well with change and likes routines. Or course right now our life is the absence of routine. They never know where we will be sleeping, our stuff is in boxes and bags all over the place and everything is new. So I built up a little army of friends to pray that everything goes smoothly and for Ivan especially to transition well.
One of my cousins had the idea that Ivan could visit the kindergarten class here a couple of days while we were here. So today he and I went to the school to meet the vice principal and kindergarten teacher and discuss his attending this week. Ivan's only complaint was that I didn't leave him there!

Now we are finding that Brian and I are the nervous ones. I mean he isn't just going to school. It's all day, instead of a half day like in other cities here. He is going to take the bus, because he insisted that he wants to go on the bus in the morning with his cousins. We had to get him a second pair of running shoes today because they have inside and outside shoes, it is so wet outside, he can't wear sandals and they are having gym tomorrow. They are also going to a nursing home to play bingo with residents. He is so pumped. I made his lunch and two snacks today for him all the while wondering "how did this suddenly happen??" We are so amazed that he is loving it so far. Thanks for the prayers and keep them coming that he will have a great first and last day of kindergarten (Thurs). Maybe after his day Thurs. I can get him to tell you all about his adventures at school.

3 comments:

armacleod said...

It didn't seem so long ago that this little tyke was born into this world, and now he will be in Kindergarden. Wow.

GMS said...

Will be looking forward to the tales. I predict that Ivan will continue to amaze you in ways you can't even imagine in the future. You have nurtured his special qualities in ways only a Mom & Dad can.

Nana said...

Ivan, I know you will have a great day at school tomorrow. I just wish I could be there to watch you get on the bus in the morning and hear all about your adventure in the afternoon. What fun. Have fun playing bingo with the seniors. Love you, Nana