Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Go for a walk

Janet showed me where the Trans Canada trail is in Fort Qu'appelle. It is a gorgeous path through nature preserved areas. I loved it! Also, there is a bridge from town that goes over a dam and along a path to a nearby beach, where the kids played while I went to see a house again.
The funny part is that after a long walk, over this unpaved terrain, pulling my three kids in a wagon, I now had to get myself to the house viewing in 10 min. Janet (my cousin's very athletic wife), lent me her super nice jogging stroller and offered to keep the older kids while I took Emora. Since it was a ways out of the park, I was pretty sure I would be cutting the time way too close, so I tried to jog as much as I could.
I am not a jogger. Not by any stretch of the imagination, but the stoller did inspire one to jog and I was getting later by the minute, so I was jogging, all untrained, unexercised and already somewhat spent from our morning jaunt.
We thought the house was only a block or two from the bridge. It wasn't. It was more like 10 blocks away, thus more frantic jogging. I finally spotted the street and still had a block to go down to the house. I saw our realtor and my husband standing by their vehicles talking. The realtor had spotted me too and asked Brian if his wife jogged. "Oh no!" he exclaimed, "she swims". Then up I jog, with the fancy pro jogging stroller, swimming in my sweat, all out of breath and apologetic.
This is a comedic tragedy, because even after my outrageous efforts, we made an offer, the seller countered, and then we made another offer, but he did not accept. So while my body still screams at me for pushing it so hard that day, we left Fort Qu'Appelle, with no house promise in sight.

Brian's going to work on Jenn's house, so we came back so that he can at least do that while we figure out another plan, or the seller changes his mind, or another house comes up for sale, or we hear an audible voice tell us to go x,y and z and offer a,b,c for a place of our own.

Meanwhile, the kids are champs, loving time with grandpa and grandma again. We will see Imogen tomorrow and Saba is back to being a carefree acreage dog, where she can barely terrorize anyone!

1 comment:

GMS said...

So glad to hear all is going so well & you're even getting your exercise in.
Amazing!