Monday, June 21, 2010

My winning prize and prayers for open doors

Right before we left Abilene, my friend Olivia gave us a challenge to make a picture of us in purple as a way to raise awareness for Lupus. The winning entry won a prize of a pick of Olivia's pictures. Tighe and I won, and this is the picture I chose. It reminded me of Saskatchewan and I thought was very telling of our move up here. Saskatchewan is called the land of the living skies and is a mass producer of wheat and other crops. We have felt that the door was open for us to move up. Olivia posted her thoughts inspired from the picture and I thought they were also very telling as to our state in life right now. We bid on a house but didn't get it. I am having a hard time leaving it alone at that, but I also remembered that the first time we tried to go see it, the realtor was able to get the key from the keypad lock, but the tenant had accidentally locked an extra deadbolt and the door was closed to us that first day. Then it was closed again to our offer. Now we need an open door. I'd love to get to settle in. So here's my challenge to those of you who pray up storms, we need a breeze of gigantic force to open this door for us with regards to a home. As for work, Brian has some right now, so that is good, but he will be needing something in Fort Qu'Appelle, so you can pray that up too. We have had one door swing open for us. There is an amazing dentist at my parent's church who volunteered to work on Ivan's teeth probono. I don't know if it will be completely free, or if we'll have to pay for the materials, but anything will help. I've made some rough estimates and it would be overshooting it widely to guess that what he needs would cost about $1000. Thank you, thank you Lover of our souls for providing this amazing gift to us!!

We had such an untraditional life in Abilene and it's easy to fear that the amazing things in our lives had something to do with our location, or our friends, but our trust lies elsewhere and we know that our maker resides in all the universe, so I try to focus on that rather than numbers. Then a dear friend here stated so plainly that I have always had favor here in Saskatchewan and that I would continue to have favor. So now we need some housing favor and work favor ;)

Or in the words of Olivia


Gateway to Dreams

Inspired by Grace Photography "Gateway to Dreams"


I've been walking, but mostly searching

Aren't we all?

No one ever told me you spend your whole life "journeying"

I thought when you are an adult you actually "know" something

How funny,

How funny,

we don't

but would I want to anyway?

What is the secret to those who live well?

If they would just whisper to me their jewel, I'd treasure it within gilded delight

How they fade like morning fog

there, and then not

Is it even possible to become this?

Oh God, let me live not as though a door is closed in front of me,

but that there is one You've placed in my reach requiring faith...

...to open.

2 comments:

GMS said...

PRAYERS ARE LIFTED UP!
The answers will come in God's timing.

Olivia said...

I have thought about you all tons and tons. I hate "waiting" for things to work out, but I have faith that you will be led to the right house at the right time. I can't imagine how much you must be ready to settle in. One day at a time, right? Love you, and I am praying for you right now.