Thursday, June 24, 2010

I am the director!




Ivan loves to work and help with anyone doing anything. Dominique does not. She would much rather enter her imaginary world full of play. But I try to get Dominique to do age appropriate tasks from time to time.

Today Ivan was delighted to help me hang laundry on the line, but he wanted Dominique to help too. I figured it was time she did do a little. Here's how it sounded:

Ivan- "Mom, Dominique is not helping!"
Angela- "Dominique, go help Ivan hang the clothes."
Dominique- "Well...ummm.... I'm the director."
(I snicker and let her play some more, who can resist her with that kind of imagination?"

Ivan- "Mom, Dominique is still not working!"
Angela- "Dominique, go help." (She doesn't budge, so I start to count "1"
Dominique- under her breath- "I don't LIKE to work!"

She hangs about 2 socks and goes back to playing.




Dominique to Emora- "Emora, I am the director, you are the worker. I sit here and watch you work. Go get the socks and hang them"
Emora goes to the hanging apparatus and pulls several pieces of clothing that Ivan has carefully hung, off and puts them in the hamper.
Dominique- "Good girl Emora!"
Angela- "She's supposed to take them from the hamper and hang them up"
Dominique- "OK, Emora, take the sock from the hamper and hang it up"
Angela- "Dominique, directors DO work, they actually have lots of work to do"
Ivan- "yeah, if you don't want to work Dominique, you have to be the queen"

5 comments:

Madame Angela Baggett said...

The mystery man catching Imogen, my niece is my brother-in-law, John, her dad. And you should know everyone else if you are reading this blog!!!

GMS said...

Sounds like she would make a great queen with a good imagination.
Great pictures, too.

Davis Family said...

That is strangely like our house. Bronwyn likes to play Cinderella, but in her version the step mother does all the work - go figure!!

nana said...

I thought she was a "princess"?

Andrea said...

Haha, she's great. I know the feeling though. You sound a lot like my mother. :D