Thursday, February 05, 2009

Top 5 benefits of no longer being pregnant



#5- I have returned to a love-love relationship with food (as opposed to the pregnancy induced love-hate food relationship) ie. no more heartburn or nausea.

#4- I can now drink fluids in the evening or even at night without having to break up my sleep with the need to use the restroom. On the flip side, I'm awoken plenty at night with the baby. On the flip side, I get to stay in the warm cozy bed. Are we dizzy with flipping yet?

#3- Speaking of, I no longer feel like a rotissery chicken at night, never comfortable, rotating from side to side. I have banished the body pillow, giving us more bed to actually sleep in and can even sleep on my back if I want.

#2- I can buckle my shoe- without help. I can put on my own socks and bend over to pick up toys, and socks and jackets, and shoes, and crayons.... ok you get the idea. My wardrobe has also reverted to encompassing most of my closet- which has been quite exciting. That last month I was down to just a few pants that still fit comfortably and even many of the shirts were becoming horribly short.

#1- best reason to not be pregnant anymore- I get to smell, hold, snuggle with, admire, kiss, hug, see, touch and learn more and more each day about our little growing beauty Emora. This is compounded with getting to watch Ivan, Dominique and Brian also hold and love her, speak sweet words over her and tell her of their great love for her.

4 comments:

jenn with two n's said...

I hear you! She's beautiful Ange. A little angel. Love you!

GMS said...

It's great the waiting & wondering is over & the reality is actually present.

Davis Family said...

She is very very sweet.

Ian said...

I can't wait till I hear her say "Grandpa!"