Wednesday, February 04, 2009

a pound bigger


We had an appointment yesterday and found out that Emora has already gained a pound from her birth weight. She is in the 90th% for her height and over the 95th% for weight. That means that out of a 100 babies her age, she'd be in the top 10 for height and the top 5 for weight. But that is how Ivan and Dominique were also and then they thinned out.

Emora is all snotty nosed and one of her eyes is goopy, so I may need to call her Dr. if it doesn't clear up today or start to get better. She was a bit miserable last night and ate every 2 hours because of it, but now that the sun came out, she's slept a real long time. She's like me. I love a nap in the daytime with the sun warming me.

Ivan and Dominique are really loving being big siblings and are actually a big help. It is so different from when they were little. I was having to deal with the phone or get the things I needed all on my own, but now, I can ask one of the kids to get me a blanket or burp cloth and they love to run and get it. That is such a huge help.

Ivan was growing out of naps, so I made him an activity box. I write down what time he can get up and work on his activities. So far, he is all excited to go lay down and watch the clock and falls asleep right through the time for his activities. Dominique has gotten up and done some of his pages herself- which was pretty amazing, she is so good with a pen.

Pics of our snow this winter (2 days only) and of our changing family. Gotta go, Emora finally woke up.

3 comments:

Olivia said...

I love the photos. It was great to meet Emora and see you guys on Monday. Love ya!

trish said...

I can't believe how much I have missed! I wish I worked closer to where you lived!

Ian said...

It looks more like you got a bit of frost to cover the ground.