Friday, February 20, 2009

growing up already

Here is Emora's door hanging in case she forgets which room is hers I guess. I had made one for Ivan and Dominique when Dominique was born.

Our newest little daughter is one month old today and yesterday her umbilical cord stump finally fell off. They say it should take 2-3 weeks, but my kids always seem to take way longer. I guess a week longer isn't that much.




Here is her beautiful little belly button. I'm sure it won't be as dark since it is still a little raw.


Tomorrow I have a CPR class that may only last an hour, so I'm going to leave Emora for the first time. I managed to get some milk pumped today, so she may even get her first attempt at a bottle.

My schoolhood friend Kim, made the hat and blanket Emora is wearing in this pick. See her smile? She smiles a lot, but it's not easy to catch on camera.

If I remembered to write them down, I could write a whole book of funny things I've said that I never thought I'd say. The situations kids iniciate are just crazy. For example, I just told Ivan "don't hit the bottle" and realized how funny that could sound. He was playing with a glass bottle I have up as decoration, when he accidentally bruised his lip with it. In retaliation, he hit the bottle... thus my statement. But without context, if we just wrote down all the things I say, it would come out really bizarre most of the time.

6 comments:

jenn with two n's said...

Happy one month Emora! So looking forward to meeting you. Kimberley did a beautiful job on the hat and blanket. It's amazing how fast time goes by with little ones.
Love to you all!

Anonymous said...

Happy 1 month "little princess". Time certainly flies quickly. You are beautiful!

Kimberley said...

Great smile!

Ian said...

She is looking better every time you post a picture.

Davis Family said...

She is smiling very early - a sign of a lovely and hopefully easy going girl?

Pamela said...

I think Emora looks like Ivan in the belly button picture!