Friday, February 06, 2009

project completion!




I have the major baby projects done. Emora's baby book pages are done, apart from things that will be added later and writing in the details of her first word, step, tooth... I finished her clock a couple of weekends ago. I really like how hers turned out. It is definitely the most symbolic of the three. I really tried to capture the meanings of her names in the painting. Each of the clocks has the time and date of birth painted on the clock face and I try to base the theme around the place they were born as well, with the season. Of course I take a lot of liberties. Like in Ivan's, while all the elements can be found in Texas, Abilene doesn't look anything like his painting. Dominique's is mostly all about the sky, since one of her middle names is Celeste. Emora's is the first one where I did not paint a Canadian symbol, but since there is snow, I guess that is close enough. Ivan's has a maple leaf in the water and Dominique's has the wheat, which can be Texas or Saskatchewan.

Now, (in my SPARE TIME!!!) I need to do Dominique's 2 year old painting. I painted Ivan's portrait at 2 years and have it as I goal to do one for each of our kids. I have Dominique's canvas and picture picked out, ready to start. My original intent was to paint it before the baby came, but that didn't happen. So I hope to finish it before Dominique's 3rd birthday in the summer!!!

I'm still not having any luck getting videos posted. That sucks since I have some super ones I wanted to share with you. Maybe I need to write tech support. sigh.

5 comments:

Ian said...

The clock is beautiful Angela.

GMS said...

The coloring on the clock looks totally different in the pictures. Just wondering which one is the truer tone?
The eyes are fascinating. What do they symbolize to you?

Katie said...

That is BEAUTIFUL!!! I had no idea you had such a talent!! I'm impressed!

As far as posting the videos, I learned that the files can not be too big or they will not post. I try to keep my videos to 10 seconds or less. Maybe try a short one and see if it'll post?? Then, you'll know if it's a size issue or something else... Just a thought!

Davis Family said...

Ha ha - you are a flipping star. Did you know that I am still working on finishing a photo book with pictures of our wedding for Mom and Dad! Baby books?? Gee whiz. That is so amazing. You are way more organized than me.

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Thanks everyone.
To answer your questions GMS, the color is somewhere in between the two pics. - not as white as the one or as yellow as the other. The eyes to me are seeing from the spirit realm, of knowing Worth and identity as it is given in heaven by the Creator and Giver of light, love, worth, meaning and identity.