Saturday, February 28, 2009

funny freesome




There are so many things to laugh about in the house, more than just tickle sessions. The way the kids say "free" instead of 3 (thus the title for this post). Ivan also says "nuse" for use and Dominique is getting harder to understand by the day. Yes, harder. I think she is trying to use a much bigger vocabulary than we are used to with her and since she has not mastered all the new words, we are having a harder time at guessing these in depth conversations. She is mostly patient with us though.

Then there are the situational laughs, like when I was cutting Ivan's hair today, Emora decided I'd been long enough and started crying in the living room. Dominique came to go pee in the bathroom, where I was squished in with Ivan. I told her to use the potty chair that I had put in the hallway since the bathroom was already overfull with the hair cutting station in action. Next thing I know, she had accidentaly dumped all her pee, and the toilet paper on the floor, with the hair, where I was standing, plus she'd gotten some on her pants and underwear. She had thought to flush the stuff down the toilet, but was walking with her pants around her ankles, tripping over the hair and all of us "in her way".

There are other converstational laughs and of course pictoral moments. Above is Emora in the baby doll craddle my uncle made. I took this nest pic. to demonstrate her unruly hair. Most of it lies flat, then there is this big wave in the middle that will only stand up and tilt to the side. This was after we comb it with water. I guess she'll be our little rocker.

These ones were taken at the library. My little readers and what they really think of their books- check out Emora's expression!

5 comments:

Deana said...

It is amazing how much they all look alike! I don't think any of my siblings and I look alike! You guys must have strong genes!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you have "free" readers. I'm so glad Abilene built that new library close to your house. You really get a lot of use out of it.

Ian said...

Emora looks a little nonplussed in the library.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that Dominique is patient with you while you try to understand her.

Katie said...

Sounds like you guys are having a blast!! :)