Thursday, May 08, 2008

Morning swim





It's so relaxing here by Thursdays. We slept in, or at least some of us did. Dominique wakes up everyday at 7:15, about 15 min. before the Aim boys arrive on the days I have them and before I want to wake up on the other days. Brian was up and brought her to bed where she fell back asleep ;) Once we were up, we made waffles, muffins and a horrific mess in the kitchen. Then we walked to the YMCA for a swim in the pool. It was so very nice. Dominique wanted to try swimming without her arm floats, which she can't do. I took my goggles this time and dove under them which they thought was hilarious fun. Dominique can now get in and out of the pool from the side and she likes to do that and kick in the water while sitting on the side of the pool the most.

In this picture, Dominique was playing hide-and-go-seek. She's in Ivan's closet. They still aren't very good at staying hidden and are horrible at staying quiet so they are easy to find.

Did I tell you about the day I had a scare with her? I was in the bathroom when Brian went down the street to mow a lawn. When I came outside, she was not to be found. I looked around the yard, then in the house, then both of those places again. I asked Ivan and he said she was in the shed, so I unlocked the shed and she wasn't there. Finally, I looked down the street and she was about 5 houses away, walking down the sidewalk with her sippy cup, following her dad (who was oblivious to the fact that she'd escaped out the side gate).

Here she is eating her and Ivan's breakfast. They both love cereal, but Ivan rarely finishes his anymore, so usually Dominique will eat hers then slide over to where Ivan was and polish his off too. This day, she thought she'd skip the traveling part and just brought her food next to his. Yes, she did eat two bowls of cereal and half a waffle that day.




We may have to get bongos or something. Ivan has decided that his daddy's bass is his now and that they are a band with daddy on stick and Ivan on bass. Dominique doesn't seem to tire of dancing, but we may have to upgrade her to percussionist some day. She seems to have a natural flair for it.

What is your favorite breakfast foods and drink?

2 comments:

Nana said...

Wow my favorite things to eat for breakfast would be pancakes or waffles with bacon, scramble eggs, apple juice and coffee. After I eat all of that I'm ready for the day. Of course I don't eat like that very often

Ian said...

Must be the rhythm section of Brian's band!