Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's day week




This video was shot at the Erinshire festival a couple of weekends ago, where Brian played and got us free entrance! It is really echoing since he is playing in an old historic church building. I was glad he was in there actually since it was cooler than out on the outdoor stages. He is playing "Classical Gas", by Mason Williams who originated from Abilene. I hope I got that right. Yeah, I'm not Brian's stage manager, as you can tell. But I thought I'd let you guys hear him on the stick, since many have not.

We had a super busy weekend. We went to our friend's first communion and two parties. We were supposed to have some people over, but they canceled at the last minute (seriously- 5 min. before the scheduled time), but that turned out well because I had a meal already cooked for tonight with Nana and Papa Terry here. They drove in today and the kids are bubbling over with unbridled joy. They are really excited about their upcoming trip. The plan is that the grands will take them on a few errands tomorrow, spend the night here again, then take them away Wed. to San Antonio- the river walk, the Alamo and Sea World and be back Fri. sometime. They may stop through Fredricksburg on the way back- a little German town known for it's beer and chocolate, but Nana said this weekend is their lavender festival.

The grands got me a basket of lavender type bath and body stuff saying that for someone keeping up with 4 kids, I deserved some relaxation- ah... Wednesday ;) The quiet will be amazing, the peace will be tangible, the time fleeting. I'm looking forward to it now, but am still a little anxious about how they will do. We've talked it up lots, and I think Ivan understands. Dominique says she wants to go and will be good and that she'll have fun, but all the while she is looking at me out of the corner of her eyes like she is saying- you can't be serious right? At first I thought Ivan would take it hardest, but now I'm wondering how she will be. I guess time will tell.

I always thought my kids would have hair like mine, which is supposedly dominant, like all my other physical traits that they didn't inherit- but I don't mind. Their hair is beautiful and is straight, but with enough curl or body to make for some very interesting creations. I had actually combed Ivan's hair that day, but it wasn't sure which way to go and tried to go several ways at once.














Dominique had just gotten up here, as you can tell. She reminded me a lot of Jenn here from when she was a little girl, especially in the picture with the slight smile.












This is what my Mondays-Wednesdays usually look like. Me and 4 under 4 (years old). This week will be a nice break, with Ivan and Dominique in and out tomorrow and I'll have the other two and Wed. just with the Aim boys. I told them I'd take them swimming at the YMCA. It will also give me a chance to see how they are at swimming to see if I ever wanted to attempt all 4 in the pool with me.

2 comments:

Ian said...

I'm tired just reading about all of the activity!

Davis Family said...

I haven't been brave enough to take my two by myself yet - I can't believe that you would even consider four! Wow - you are amazing - and I used to teach swimming lessons! Maybe I've just gone soft.
Enjoy your week.