Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Trying to catch up









I have a huge file full of pictures and videos to post, so I decided to try and tackle them by starting at the beginning and working forward. I should be able to catch up because the camera has been gathering dust since the onslaught of family has subsided (onslaught in a good way). Actually about everything in the file is from family visits.

Before you think these sunny pool pictures were from long long ago, they aren't. The kids actually swam outside in October! That's why I got a picture of them in the pool with the pumpkins out front.

We could still swim outside every other day if we wanted to. I say every other day, because in typical Texan weather, it was 83 degrees (27 C) yesterday and today the high was in the 60s (15 C), windy and cloudy. Everywhere you live, the common joke is that if you don't like the weather to wait 5 minutes and it will change- but here it's actually true. We are very frugal with our air and heat, but we've actually had to use the air one day and the heat the next after some brutal CANADIAN cold front came through.
We still have some balloons languishing in Ivan's room, much to the kid's delight.

Sorry I'm not updating as often. I've been busy. With what? You ask. (OK, so you didn't ask, but I'll tell you anyways).
1- I've got two kids- ages 1 and 3
2- The last two weeks, I've had 3 kids (add another 1 year old)
3- Blogging time (when reply #1 are in bed and #2 is gone home) has been used making xmas gifts.

Why are you thinking of gifts so early? (again, you ask not)
1-I'm making them (out of necessity and hopefully to the delight of the receivers)
2-I can only make them in my free hours (see answers above)
3-We're going to be leaving here for Canada Dec. 11th or sooner. This is my xmas gift making due date.

Have you already gotten some gifts? all, none or some? And who is the hardest person you buy for? Why are they the hardest?

6 comments:

Ian said...

Those pool pictures remind me of the time that we swam in Lake Lanier just north of Atlanta, Georgia. They now have a ban on watering lawns in Atlanta because of the drought. We got our first snow the day after Halloween and we have had to take the fish inside because the pond was freezing over every night. The great thing is we have no mosquitoes!

GMS said...

I've gotten some gifts, but, the bad thing is, that I tend to give them when I get them.
That's why the hardest person to buy for is my husband because I buy him pretty much every thing he needs as he needs it.
This year we got each other one big gift -- a new computer.

Trail Rider said...

will it work to see you and meet your family when you come down? I know you probably have a million people to see.....I would be far down the priority list....
If you have time, give me a call, your sis has my number. I would love love love to meet those two little guys i see in the pics everyday!
(and your hubby too;))

swimming in oct....that's just plain crazy!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Good that I just read this blog. I am about to make a package for you guy, Christmas like and all that. But if you go to Canada (again) over Christmas I should send it to your parents. *hm*

What are your thoughts on that??? Let me know as soon as possible.

To your question: You guys are hard and I can't think of anything useful. So, I will pack some little chocolat goodies for your delight.

And I got no presents yet. It's a bit early for that I think.

Davis Family said...

Making your own presents? Well now I'm just envious. Good on you!

Nana said...

Yep, I've already started my shopping. I've been fortunate in that I've had suggestions for gifts. I have to get started early because this time of year is really crazy at the P.O. I wish I had the talent to make such special gifts like you Ange. The hardest thing for me is deciding what to give. Once I'v decided things go quick.