Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Surprise, surprise!

Like I said, we celebrated Thanksgiving and Christmas as one at Nana's and Papa's. Of course, they showered us with gifts, but the last gift Nana gave Ivan and Dominique to open contained bike helmets. Ivan was so happy. He cried out "yeah, a bike helmet". Then when Nana brought out the bike, he was really shocked and dazed and held this beautiful grin of delight all night.




They took a few runs down the hall.


Then took them out to the dark street- where they both quickly learned the laws of gravity, incline and balance.





Now they figure anytime is a good time for a ride. Here's Dominique in her pyjamas. I'm sure they would want to take the bikes to bed with them if they weren't quite so bulky.


Papa calls Dominique "little Barbara". I wonder why.





While we were away in Houston, Abilene got it's first snow. Lucky for us, the second snow was only a few days away. When it snows here, it is cause to celebrate and play and enjoy it before it melts. I think I counted 6 snowmen on our block. We made a snow bunny- because I'm funny. Hey, if you can carve shapes in snow so easy, why just stick with balls?






The snow was perfect- heavy and wet. The next day it was gone, but thanks to our melting snow bunny, we hosted my children's first ever neighborhood snowball fight (Ok, so there were 2 girls, and my kids, but they are all from our neighborhood).


Dominique and Ivan thought it was pretty awesome to throw snow at their mom and friends.




4 comments:

GMS said...

GREAT pictures, as usual.
The bikes look absolutely perfect for their size and age. I just hope you can keep up with them. I'll bet they will wish they could take them on their Christmas trip.

armacleod said...

My favorite picture has to be of Mimi in her winter jacket. She looks so precious. Well I think they are "warmed up" to the snow so I wanted to let you know we got a bit of it for you already. We got about 4 inches I would guess. All soft and fluffy and freshly fallen. I'm sure we will have more by the time you arrive.

Ian said...

And our snow won't go away for several months now! It is pretty poor for making snowballs and snowmen though. Usually that happens only in the spring.

Nana said...

A "snow jackrabbit" only in Texas!!! Hope you enjoyed "Thanks/Christmas" as much as we did. It's been 3 years since we've had snow. It would be nice to have it again SOON!