Friday, November 09, 2007

Picture perusal






One of the many gifts the grands gave us with their mighty Sam's card was about 6 months worth of pictures. We had fallen behind in printing them off and while we had planned on printing out just a few each month, it's not considered essential. It was such a treat to get all caught up. Dominique is all into looking at pictures right now. Every time I turn around, she has an album and is pointing to the pictures and talking away. Not sure what all she is saying, and half the times the album is upside down- but you can tell that these images have made an impression on her.

Ivan slept soundly through the night with a dose of benadryl recommended from his doctor. The welts were not near as bad this morning, but there were still a few, so I gave him another dose. Amazing what medicine can do sometimes- although I hate to be pouring so much down his little throat- I guess it's better than the alternative. I am very thankful that we have very healthy children.

Dominique is such a sweet easy child, especially compared to Ivan these days. He is emotional and demanding. She gives in to nearly everything. I'm sure it's part age, part birth order that is shaping their personalities.

My apologies to my parents for being the first. I'm sure I was not much different!

This morning I asked Brian if he wanted to go with us to the P-O-O-L. Ivan said- "I want to go too". I replied- "where do you want to go, Ivan?" He said "I want to go to the YMCA"- so either he's a genius, or he figured it was time to go swimming again, or he thought if we're spelling, he'd spell too and it just happened to coincide. No matter the case, they got to go swimming today.

See how Dominique lights up in this video when she realizes I'm recording? What a ham!

2 comments:

armacleod said...

Looks like a very happy girl. Well if I see you or not, have a good Xmas when you get here!

GMS said...

I'm glad y'all are enjoying looking at actual prints of pictures. It does help to solidify events in the memory. We loved every minute of our visit and pray it won't be as long an interval before the next.