Wednesday, November 14, 2007

In need of laughter?










My lol moment today (laugh out loud), was when the kids begged me for some unsweetened cold mint tea. They were literaly dancing they were so excited about it. However, once they had it in their mouths, their tune changed. Ivan called it "funny tea" and Dominique just kept yelling "EWWW, EWWWW, EWWW!" I didn't even know she knew that word. It was so funny.

Her vocabulary amazes me. She says: "help me down, help me up" and all sorts of things I can't recall just right now. She is also very polite- she often says thank you when I give her something. Ivan always needs to be reminded to say thank you. Today he knocked a kid over at library time because he was wildly spinning while the other kids all did the actions to the songs in unison. I hate to curb his excitement, but this is READING time. While the other kids all sit and listen to the stories, Ivan wants his shoes and socks off. He wants to lounge on the floor and stare at the other kids (unless it's a song at which point he gleefully spins). Meanwhile, Dominique was exasperated that Ivan didn't have his socks or shoes on and kept bringing them to him. I tried to get her to sit in my lap like all the other toddlers, but she was busy setting the fashion world aright.

Hope you enjoy these top 10 recent funny pictures. We have a never ending supply and like to share the wealth. I hated to do it, but I cropped Ivan's cowboy picture, due to the sensitive material and the fact that there are some sick people in the world and on the internet. You can well imagine that he was wearing nothing but the boots and was quite proud of it. I love how kids are so free about their bodies. When they are naked, they think it is so fun and beautiful. They prance and dance and say "look at me- I'm fabulous" in a hundred different ways- and they are. They truly are.


5 comments:

Ian said...

I see that Ivan is wearing a sweater that your mom knitted for you when you were little.

Nana said...

WOW! Great subject matter. We never tire of seeing beautiful pictures of beautiful children. I love all of them, but I have to admit that the cowboy boot pic is one of my favorites.
Nana

Davis Family said...

Ha - I had a little naked cowboy of my own today. He wasn't wearing boots - just a cowboy hat. Wow - boys and their bare bums eh?

Love the story of the little sister and the socks - some one has to take care of the big brother!

GMS said...

I just love Dominique's lollipop picture and the one of Ivan in that sweater has the sweetest expression.
What is the blue stuff on Dominique's face though?

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Dad- I took that picture to give you and mom a smile. One of my first memories is of mom knitting that for me. I loved it so much. I hope Dominique will too.
GMS- the blue on her face was birthday cake with icing from one of our birthday parties.