Friday, November 16, 2007

Her first musical composition



When grandma Sue and grandpa Ray were here, we all went to a family reunion and they got us rooms in a gorgeous hotel. This was the bed Dominique and Ivan shared. They were so excited about it, it was nearly impossible to get them to fall asleep at night, even after swimming in the pool and a full day of family time. They rolled around, jumped and jittered until sheer exhaustion finally set in. Then I bundled blankets and a quizillion pillows around them in the hopes they would not roll off in the night.








I think this picture is pure cuteness. Ivan was making friends with an older girl. They were having quite the conversation. Half of it on Ivan's side was incomprehensible, but kids are so understanding about that. As you can tell, Ivan was being a little shy, but was so happy to have made a friend.


Ivan had been making up songs the night I recorded this. Dominique kept trying to sing a song of her own, but was constantly being interrupted by her big brother. I finally got him to settle down a little so that she could be recorded singing her song. This was it. I especially like the little dance she did to go with it.

1 comment:

Ian said...

I'm glad that she didn't inherit my musical talent!