Monday, November 12, 2007

Committed






Either they are committed grandparents, or they should be committed. It's amazing what a one year old can get an entire room full of people, including adults doing in exchange for that most precious, delightful, contagious laugh. That's one thing about children. Life is full of surprises and laughter where they frolic.



Like the time (tonight) when she got bath paint all over our off white carpet and new rugs-- ha,ha, oh yeah. That's wasn't very funny- but our rugs do smell beautiful in tones of carpet cleaner.

Actually, Dominique was pretty fussy today. I'm hoping it was teeth- but she did quite enjoy her painting frenzy, much to our chagrin. I should have known her absence of crying and screaming was a warning sign of dangerous silence.


3 comments:

Madame Angela Baggett said...

GMS and grandpa Ray- I'm joking about being committed somewhere of course. I'm under good authority that all grands are prone to these extravagant exhibitions in the presence of such delightful little creatures as their grandchildren. We're pleased and so are the kids that you play willingly, creating wonderful bonds and memories.

Anonymous said...

That game with Dominique started with her following my lead, but she got her "biggest thrill" when she realized that I would follow her lead! She even started making up new moves that I had not showed her, ergo , put your head down on the table grampa. It was a delightful moment, and is still one of my favorite memories of our visit.

It was so heart warming also, to see how Dominique and Ivan loved their Gramma Sue. Thanks for the memories.

GMS said...

I know I'm committed (I just wish it wasn't so far away).
I still think of our action rhymes whenever I hear "Ee ii ee ii oh".