Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Toddler fun and teethy girl





Here are some pictures that really show off Dominique's pearly whites. (If you click on the last picture, it will blow up and you can see them well). We have started having to tell our little darling "no" and have noticed another difference with her and Ivan. Ivan's first reaction when we started telling him "no" was to laugh. Dominique's is to cry. I think her tactic is way more effective. When Ivan laughed it just made us angry and more determined to get him to obey. When she cries, it makes us feel sorry for her and like we should let her have her way. Yikes! We'll have to watch that one. It really is pitiful though. Maybe she'll be really obedient. It is kinda tough in that we start to figure out what works with Ivan and have to have a whole other approach for Dominique.

Funny Ivan:

-When he says: "Dominique sharing me" I know he is about to take something from her. He often claims he knows what Dominique wants, which is really what he wants. Like the time he wanted strawberries before dinner, he said she wanted to share, then after dinner, when he wasn't going to get desert because he hadn't eaten his vegetables, again, "she" wanted him to share his vegetables.

-He asks permission to pretend eat the food pictures in his books.

-If we ask him to do something, like throw something in the trash, he says "thank you" For example:
Ivan, can you throw away this diaper?
Yes, thank you.

-We are making a house book with cut out pictures. We pasted a picture of a pool on the backyard page and he took his bath toys and asked me if he could put them in his (pretend) pool.

-Ivan is loving a little einstein video where they are always going on missions. Now he goes around the house, reciting parts of the movie and saying he is on a mission. When I asked him what his mission was, he said it was green, and showed me a tiny lego lightsaber (his mission).

What were your best and worst moments today?

6 comments:

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Best moment: blackberry pancakes with syrop and whipped topping for breakfast- felt like we were at Grainfields (and both kids are asleep for a nap at the same time now)

Worst moment: Big buddy and his son are warring; we are caught in the middle, Big buddy wouldn't talk to me today when I went over to see him.

Nana said...

This one is easy Ange. Worst thing to happen today, getting Terrry to the passport office downtown at 6:30am for an 8am appointment. (not knowing if they had his papers). The best thing was a 3:55pm call from him "It's in my hand". Yea!

Anonymous said...

I didn't really have a worst moment today. Except maybe my boring seminar.

Best moment: Going out with my friends for Sushi. That was great and we stayed for 3 hours, talked and had a good time.

Davis Family said...

Oh, how funny you should ask about my worst moment today - it ranks in the top 10 worst moments of my life! I accidentally tried to shut the door while Gavin's fingers were between the door and the frame! He cried for 15 minutes or so - I haven't stopped crying yet!

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Sorry Berta- I'm sure that was awefull. I know the time Ivan's elbow went out when I was trying to drag him in the house I felt so horrible. Nothing describes the feeling of thinking you've hurt your child. I also smashed Aunt Marj's fingers once in the car door. It was horrific. Just know: YOU ARE A GOOD MOM. It could have happened to anyone. He still loves you and always will and so do all of us. Feeling your pain.

Lin said...

Best moment: I got a part time job at the radio station being an on air dj. I am so excited, I will have to train first but then it will be all me!!!

Worst moment: Dressing for success, my feet are killing me. Why is dressing up so painful for women? Why can't we were pants and shirt like men?
And a comment on Berta, don't worry, I had the car door slammed on my hand by my dad accidentally, it happens to all parents. Harley did it to herself, don't ask?!