Monday, May 14, 2007

MY mother's day!


One day last week, Brian took the kids with him to go do an errand. They were gone extremely long and I wondered where they could be. Then I thought about how mother's day was around the corner and thought they were probably out scheming. Upon their return, Ivan proudly announced that the flowers were all gone. Brian said he didn't know what Ivan was talking about.

I chose to ignore the comments, but was thinking- how could a store run out of flowers right before mother's day? Maybe they didn't have the flowers Brian wanted?

Later in the week, Ivan tried to clue me in again when we went to pick Brian up from work. Again he repeated "the flowers are all gone".

Mother's day I learned what he meant- the flowers were hidden at Brian's work.

Ivan's other cute saying: Sunday he kept saying: it's MY mother's day. At age 2 the world revolves around him. It may be mother's day, but it's "mine, my, MY mother's day" and he even said "Ivan's mother's day" to make it totally clear. Sorry to all the other mother's of the world. My son's being a bit of a hog.

Hope you had a good one.

2 comments:

Davis Family said...

Well I think Ivan's mommy deserves a day of her own. Yeah for Ivan for deciding that!

Anonymous said...

Lol, it's funny. But unlike your son's thinking my Mom had Mother's Day too. :D

We had coffee and very lovely cake. And then we cooked meat with mushrooms, peas, potatoes and a salat as entreé. That was really cool, with my aunts, my mom and my grandma.