Sunday, May 20, 2007

Cling-on

I've read somewhere at sometime that children become more clingy right before a stage of independence. I hope this means Dominique is about to start walking on her own. She is a total momma's girl right now. We spent last night trying to sleep on the couch, with her moving every 5 minutes to a new position on top of me. She screams if I leave the room, if I don't nurse her to sleep or if she wants anything. She has found that I make an easily accessible walker and wants me to take her for scenic trips around the house or elsewhere, pretty often and all the time if I'm trying to make supper.

Now that I think of it, I'm surprised more babies don't adopt this way of walking. She just comes up behind me and pulls herself to standing then holds on (screams) and walks with me. I wanted to capture it on video. While it may be slightly annoying now, I know I will miss it when she stops and think back to how cute it was.




If you have children, what do you miss that they used to do? What do you miss doing from your youth/childhood?

6 comments:

Madame Angela Baggett said...

I think it's so cute when Ivan miss says something-- like when he called himself Iya. I miss swinging on the swings and underducks. They just don't make swings for adult posteriors- way uncomfortable!

GMS said...

First,
What is an "underduck"?

I also miss all the "cute" words and sayings. Like McDonald's was "WEEOO WEEOO" because of their motto at the time, which was "We do it all for you".

I myself miss getting up and down without discomfort and groans and moans.

Kimberley said...

Oooh, me too. I miss underducks. I'll give you the honour of describing one.

Madame Angela Baggett said...

This is just tragic grandma sue! You don't know what an underduck is? I'll tell you just in time since you have twin grandbabies- but you'll have to work on those discomforts maybe. You get a kid (that has good swinging abilities) going really high, then you run under them with a big push while ducking your head. Mom could just run under, I have to fold myself in half if I go under. You should be ok. The swingers goes really high then. Sooooo fun!

Lin said...

I don't remember too much baby talk from Harley but I do miss how she used to hold my hand where ever we went. Now I am lucky if I get a kiss goodbye, very lucky.
Things I miss from being a kids are tire swings and spinning on them. I don't even think we have one up here, how sad.

Madame Angela Baggett said...

We have tire swings here. I got in one recently with both kids and just about didn't make it out. I was glad they didn't have to call out the jaws of life to remove me from the thing.