Friday, May 11, 2007

More pics from our trip










Nana got a couple of awesome shots of the kids (the close-ups). We enjoyed being at Nana's and Pawpaw Terry's. Ivan's back in his routine of waking up and wanting to go to Nana's house, or a party if he had to have a second choice.

Latest in learning and growing.


Ivan has been watching a video a friend lent us called Leapfrog Letter factory. I highly recommend it. It's fun and Ivan has already learned the sounds of all the letters. He can't recognize all the letters yet, but he knows their sounds pretty much. The funniest part is that he can't make the "k" sound so instead of saying: "C says k-k-k, it's cold in here", he says "C says t-t-t, it's told in here".

Dominique is cutting her top two teeth. She's had fever some- which my friend's pediatrician is convinced is not related. Some 20 teeth into it, I'd say he's wrong. My two have often gotten fever when cutting teeth- nothing high or lasting days, just coming and going.

Do you remember losing and growing teeth? What was your preferred tooth extraction method? Did you get money?

6 comments:

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Dad always said he'd pull it out with pliers or tie a string to the tooth and a door and slam the door. Both ideas terrified me. I just wanted to let it be and wiggle it with my teeth or eat an apple to help it loosen up. No money for us, our reward was to be free of the loose tooth and look forward to the incoming one.

GMS said...

i kind of remember the door and string method but, I think, the door closed the wrong way and nothing happened.
I do know the tooth fairy would come and, in my day, a quarter was a big deal.

Anonymous said...

No methodes at all. When it was loose I wiggled it and that's it. No slamming doors, no tooth fairy either. *haha*

Btw, loevly pictures of the two wee ones.

Nana said...

My mom pulled my 2 front teeth. After that I was convienced that there must be a better way. Oh yes, "keep your loose tooth info to yourself or mom would pull it for you!" I too found the wiggle process the best until it fell out. Yep, 25 cents was the pay off for the day. Brian, I was going through a box the other day and found your "tooth bottle."

Madame Angela Baggett said...

EWWWWWWWWW Nana! You can keep that little treasure.

Anonymous said...

Our tooth fairy was always very generous...so that was incentive for the 'wiggle it out' method.
Bekki (GMS's daughter in Houston)