Saturday, January 21, 2006

His first tea party


Ivan wants to drink whatever mommy is drinking. The other night it was tea. I told him it was too hot and he couldn't have any, but he insisted, so I squeezed the bag out into his own little cup and added cold water. He loved it. Then I drank mine in peace.



I had left my empty cup on a side table and was reading when Ivan crawled up to sit with me, snuggle and improvise his first tea party. He kept taking the cup, acting like he was drinking, say "mmmmmmmmmm" then set the cup back down and chatter for a while. Then he'd repeat the whole scenario over and over. It was hillarious!



On another note, it is extreemely dry here. We haven't had measurable rain since Oct.9th. I told Jaime, our 7 year old neighbor it could rain tomorow (50% chance, which is a really good chance for us). She was so excited she did a dance and sang a song, something like "it's raining, it's raining!". Then she made up a skit using a play phone. She was acting like it was raining and had to call 911 to tell everyone we had rain. You would have thought I'd told her Santa was coming the next day! That's how dry it is.

1 comment:

GMS said...

I too love a good cup of tea.
Any crumpets with that tea?