Monday, January 16, 2006

The birthday bash

Here are some scenes from Brian's birthday bash. I asked Brian what kind of cake he wanted and listed what I thought were some of his favorites and some others, to my surprise, he requested German Chocolate, the one I thought he'd want the least. Of course, I've never made it, but three cheers to the internet, I took the first recipe I found and it came out really well. I didn't want to put 35 candles on the cake, so I "wrote" 35 with the candles.




Once he blew them out, I thought we'd need to evacuate the premises due to the smoke. "Big Buddy" must not have a functioning smoke alarm, 'cause nothing went off. Can you see all the smoke???

Also seen here is Brian's dad who came all the way from NY for his birthday!! OK, so his birthday happened to coincide with the fact that he found a great deal for flights here and back and that he is newly retired, so he can make the trip.




Along with the cake, "Big Buddy" fried fish-- it was yummy good ;)








We got to play dominoes after, which was fun for all. Ivan is half naked because he decided to pour his water out from his cup onto his chest. His hooded jacket was also wet somehow, so he happily scampered around displaying his impressive torso!








Back at home, we watched Brian's present! His new favorite movie is Napoleon Dynamite. It's weird, but funny (in a weird way).

3 comments:

GMS said...

Never heard of "Napoleon Dreams".
Looks like a good time was had by all. Especially Ivan. I pray Brian will enjoy his Peking Duck tonight.

Jenni said...

Sorry we missed your birthday Brian! Happy Late Birthday from the Williams Family! :) It looks like you guys had a great time and I am so happy that you are in our lives!

Madame Angela Baggett said...

We have no idea how to play "42", but I for one would love to learn. I'm a game junkie. I don't think Mr Griffin knows how to play it either. We do good just to count!!!