Thursday, January 19, 2006

a game!!!

Remember the game, "One of these things is not like the other" from Sesame street? Well, you have to pick out the one item that is different from the rest. Ivan received a wonderful gift from Lela who now lives in China. She also lived in South Korea and brought Ivan this bilingual Korean/English children's book. It is beautiful and Ivan loves it, and so do us parents for all the laughs it generates. I wish you could have seen the look of our 8 year old neighbor when I asked her which snack food was not like the others! I thought she'd jump out of her chair and run away! Enjoy!

Ice cream.................................................................Cake


Chocolate...............................................................Apple

Biscuit............................................................... Candy

Hamburger..........................................................Hot dog

Indian corn.............................................Sea weed roll rice

9 comments:

Kimberley said...

Mmmm, I could go for a nice Sea Weed Roll Rice right about now!

Anonymous said...

I love that book. That's totally cool. We have similar things here, like a book with animals and how the fur is like. Those "touch" books are great.

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Kim, have you had it before? What is it like? My friend says it's good and our waiter at our favorite chinese restaurant says his mom makes it all the time. I've never heard of it and will likely never get the opportunity to try it here in Abilene!

Kimberley said...

I like sushi, but will admit that it is an acquired taste. When I was on a business trip to Richmond, BC a few years ago, the course trainer and his brother in law took me to THE sushi restaurant in Vancouver. They ate more food than you could imagine. The best way to try it, is to either go with someone who knows, or to simply tell your server that it's your first time.

If you ever come to Calgary, I will be happy to take you.

Madame Angela Baggett said...

oh, oh, now I started something. I'm not sure I actually WANT to try sushi, but I should, just so I can know what it's all about, I suppose. Like culinary education, but I'm really not a fan of fish and raw fish, sounds horrid, but then my African friends thinks cheese is revolting. I guess it's all perspective. Does this sushi place have chicken (just in case)?

Kimberley said...

It's a common misconception that all sushi is raw fish. Not so. A California roll, for example, has no meat in it whatsoever. Sashimi is made with cooked seafood. If I can get Jason to eat it, I know that you'll love it. If you want, you can always order the shrimp!

Madame Angela Baggett said...

All right, you convinced me and I do love shrimp!! No, I didn't know it wasn't all raw fish. Something cooked or none fish sounds good, like seaweed rolled in rice! I bet it is good. What would I do without you? You always were expanding my horizons!!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Ok I looked at the book and thought how interesting that a roll is on there. What i really found interesting though was the hot dog! What the heck is wrong with that dog!? It's blue. do they eat blue hot dogs there? I think that one is a little off. dont eat it little boy!

GMS said...

Ice cream is the only cold item that would melt, right?
Is that the answer?