Friday, September 02, 2011

Happy Birthday MOM!

Told you fall is coming! These pictures were taken at the bike park. It's full of trees, ravines, neat nooks and crannies and at least one garden snake. We saw it. Thankfully snakes aren't poisonous here, but I still don't like them.


The leaves here become so pretty when they are getting ready for winter. Can't believe it's coming again. I'm not sure if I really want to say bye to summer yet, but I don't think I have much of a choice.










At the same time, the kids are so very excited about school and we are excited for them too. I put Dominique's calendar up. The teacher is focusing on colors the first month and suggested that they could where the color they are studying each day. I'm pretty sure Dominique has all the colors in her wardrobe, but she did request for me to sew her a green shirt with a fairy on it- which I'm totally not going to do! I can tell she's going to get right into all the activities with gusto and great imagination!

Ivan still hates writing, but he's read a lot this summer and I'm hoping the teacher will have all sorts of great tricks that will help him focus and not hate writing quite so much. Ivan wrote a comic (since his dad has been creating a comic). It was very imaginative about a 5 headed alien, but there were no words, just pictures. We told him that if he wrote what was happening others could understand it better and he said they just had to figure it out.

Happy Birthday mom! Hope you have a good day.

3 comments:

GMS said...

I love the boots on Dominique & Emora and got a kick out of Ivan wearing flipflops. Very cute.

Anonymous said...

Seems like time to show Dominique the basic of sewing.Get green cloth and make a short smock with an elastic in the middle or a tie. Then paint a fairy. She can help.
Have fun.Love mom P/S I can even send you some cloth.

Davis Family said...

Gavin makes wordless comic books too. He loves drawing but does not like writing. Sure hope this year is a great year for your kids.