Thursday, March 03, 2011

bathing beauties

This is a painting that my friend Kate made and gave us as a house warming gift. It kind of became part of our color inspiration for the basement. It was so amazing picking it out. She has several pieces that she has done hanging in her house and she told me I could walk around and pick out the one I wanted. I had seen her working on this one once when we visited and so the finished product was that much dearer to me. I'm excited that some day we will have it hung and I will get to sit in a room, look at it and let it speak to me.


I painted some birds taking flight as we walk up the stairs. I'm also going to have a few on the wall beside and behind the landscapes I plan on doing. I'm going to paint some windows that Brian had removed from the basement. We'll have one that is Saskatchewan, one of Texas and one of Fort Qu'Appelle. It'll be an informal portrait of sorts of our lives thus far. I'm looking forward to it. Meanwhile, Brian is building shelves for closets and desks for rooms.


Here are some bathing beauties that were having way too much fun in the tub.




We have also been having lots of fun with our puppets. I got a big box and created a new puppet stage, but the kid's tore it up in much less time than it took me to make it. To their credit, it was very very flimsy as I couldn't find any good tape and the stapler was not going through the cardboard. So our next plan is to make a more durable one out of the trashed out doors that were in the basement.


On other news, I am very mad at my knee. I want to get moving so badly and am tired all the time from lack of exercise and probably staying up too late, but I need my exercise too. The other day I did Emora's exercise video, for 2-7 year olds and now my knee is being a beast today! How ridiculous. I'm so ready for it to be well. I'm also missing the daily walk up to the school to get Ivan. OH SPRING, come already!! Or at least warm up a bit!

We are going to get a change of scenery at least. The Koops/Muirhead clan is going out to the "farm" (their parent's) and we are invited. The plan is to do some curling, which I've never done and would like to, but don't dare thanks to "stupid knee", but Brian and the kids will get to try it out and it should be quite the "cultural" experience for us all. Curling is a sport played on ice, like how kids played marbles, only this is in giant with people helping the "rocks" get to where they need to be by sweeping the ice. It will be a lot of fun no doubt and the kids are looking forward to a huge family sleep over.

2 comments:

Nana said...

Ivan, remember the curling technique you learned playing the WII. Sounds fun!

Seattle Real Estate said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.