Wednesday, January 27, 2010

the cotton fields




Emora is still running a slight fever, so I've kept her in all day. Now I'm starting to get some cabin fever. Fortunately, Brian has been available, so he was able to take the big kids out to get groceries and go to a park. He and his co-workers are in between jobs, about to start another house flip possibly next week. But tomorrow I may see if he'll stay with Emora so that I can get out. Time for a change of scenery.

Speaking of, check out these cotton fields. They were so pretty and striking to me since I never grow up with them. Wynetta had though and she was telling us about how her grandmother would card the wool and picked some for us telling us the seeds are hidden inside the wooly part. So fascinating.


Our little kings and queen at Tighe's house. We love getting together each week. It is so refreshing for all of us. Lily is missing from most of the pics since she naps if we are at her house.

1 comment:

Ian said...

We just got a dump of about a foot of snow so the fields around here look a lot whiter than your fields of cotton.