Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Chicken pox?





Emora's been running fever all day, but she just got vaccinations Fri. and the doctor said that could be a side effect. The only new one she got was chicken pox, so I'm guessing that is what she is fighting. I'm staying up right now to see what her temp. is to determine if I need to get her Motrin to finish out the night.

Other exciting news in our house: Brian's flipped house is under contract. If all goes well, he will close on it in early March and we will be able to set a date for our move. This is another step of the process that we are so thankful to the Lover is going so amazingly well.

Equally as exciting: Brian and his co-worker got the French door installed to replace our sliding glass door. It looks so much better. This was so exciting that the kids didn't even want to watch videos this morning. They were daddy's helpers. Ivan figures he is a master at caulking and they both got to operate the drill. The door hasn't fallen off yet, so they must have done good.

Not so cool, Dominique irreparably damaged our camera. But I got it to where it would take pictures again, so we can make it last 'til the house sells. Ironically, this happened when Brian's first house was under contract too- the digital camera started to mess up. So I'm hoping that is not a pattern. At first I was so upset about it, but then I realized that it's just a thing, a somewhat expensive thing, but a thing none the less. There are far graver things going on in the world and that I have everything to be thankful of in my family. In fact the camera has other annoying qualities, and it seems that we will have funds to hopefully get something more durable. So it can even be seen as a blessing in disguise. All the frustration dissipated and everything fell back in balance. So stupid of me to even give in to moments of anger over a camera! Don't worry, I'll still be clicking away.

OK, time for another temp. reading...

2 comments:

Ian said...

I'm glad that everything is working out. And I'm glad that you can still post new pictures even with a faulty camera. Thanks for sharing.

Kimberley said...

Look on the bright side - when your camera breaks, you can upgrade to something better. I almost wish that mine would break so I could get a new one!