Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Some have teenagers to gobble it up


Some have teenagers to gobble up all the leftover food. We have Emora. I left for water aerobics with her at her high chair, eating a pre-dinner snack. I came home to her eating super. She had finished a couple of helpings and looked hungry still, so while I ate, she also had her brother and sister's helpings. They decided that they didn't like their food, so they didn't eat any of it. I didn't finish all that I had taken, so I gave her the rest of mine too. There was a little bit left in the bowl (orange chicken and vegetables with brown rice), but I thought surely she'd eaten enough for someone who is not even a year yet! Tomorrow is her big 1 year day, but we're celebrating in miniature Sat.

She was our biggest baby and is still our biggest, but she's not huge as compared to other babies her age. In fact she spent most the afternoon toddling around the back yard, drawing with sidewalk chalk, so I know she's exerting a lot of energy, especially when half the walking is falling down and getting up again. I wonder if she'll always be different from the other two and eat well like this. Of course, the other two ate well at her age also and now they are picky eaters. I never thought I'd have to say that, but they are. At the same time, I can't imagine what the grocery bill would be like if they all ate like Emora- a foretaste of their teen years I'm sure!

Here is the play by play of finger painting.

First touch of paint- wow, I could get into this.







And I did, look at all that I can do (OK, mommy helped with my name, the heart and flower, but I get sole credit on the rest!







Did anyone mention that fingerpaint can get messy, um yeah, and not just on fingers either. Don't even look in those little notches under my arm rest, mom. I said not to look!





When you said it was time to clean up, I thought you'd just wash my hands. Did you really have to rinse the paint out of my hair- that was my new hair do. And I thought the orange on my face brought out the color of my eyes! Ah well, will you let me run around the house now?

4 comments:

GMS said...

Very cute!
I'm sure you are still enjoying the eating well phase.

Nana said...

Happy 1st Birthday, Emora!

Andrea said...

Oh my, I hope she's not keeping it up like that. *lol*

Ian said...

Happy birthday Emora. I saw your birthday twin today, Abigale Orr.