Monday, January 11, 2010

She walks, she talks, she entertains


It is actually quite shocking to me that Emora is about to be a year old. You would think what with this being my third, that I would not be so surprised, but it really is different with three. With the other two, I was so eager for them to reach each milestone and watched them with anticipation. This is no longer feasible with three. This year has been about doing what we can. I just can't be as diligent about seeing to Emora's every development because I constantly have two others demanding attention and needing help also. I guess this is what happens as the family grows. I need for the bigger kids to help interact with and supplement what I can offer to Emora because a single person can only do so much. So, Emora has a mommy who carries her a lot and does what she can to interact with her at times, a daddy who does the same, plus a 5 year old tutor, brother, protector and a 3 year old sister friend. Between all of us, Emora seems to be doing amazingly well. Instead of anxiously awaiting each stage, we wake up one day and find that suddenly, she is saying a new word, imitating us in a new way or walking! (OK, so we did anticipate that one quite a bit, mostly because I'm a little tired of her hanging on my leg).

The kids love to play together. Here is a tag tail game. Ivan loves pulling the other's tails off. Dominique just wants to wear hers- all day and night. Emora hasn't quite figured it out yet, but will no doubt catch on quickly with all her teachers at her side.



Do you have sisters and brothers? How did your birth order/# of siblings affect who you have become?

No comments: