Monday, September 28, 2009

balloonfest






The kids have been asking to go to the balloonfest since last year when we went, so we made it a priority to catch it again this year. Here are some pictures from GLO in the evening night, when they light up the balloons simultaneously. It's so pretty and we got to see one of them set up right in front of us. They are so huge! It took over a dozen people to keep it on the ground as they put bursts of flame in it to light it up and keep it from leaning over as it deflated. As pretty as the balloons were, can you believe the sunset? And we get that every night! In fact, if I had the energy in the morning, I could even see the sunrises! So amazing, painted above us each day, if we but take the time to look.

We enjoyed fingerpainting, swimming and popcorn in our backyard today with friends. Then Ivan and I practiced some of his writing and played a board game while the girls napped. I just finished a coffee and am tired at 7:30pm. So where oh where does my nearly 5 year old get all his energy? He doesn't make the age cut here to be in kindergarten, and as much as I love to see him all day (most of the time), it would be so much easier to send him off for someone else to deal with! ha,ha,ha He is sweet. The puppets got in a fight over him today while we did "school" and he had to break them up. Yeah, we all love him a bunch.

3 comments:

Ian said...

Never a dull moment.

nana said...

There is always an adventure when there are youngsters under the roof. The balloons are truly beautiful.

Davis Family said...

Even though Gavin is giving us a fight - I am sure grateful to have Kindergarten blowing off some of his energy. I don't think I could have done another year - I think that rule of your's should change!!
Thanks for the update - love to you all.