Saturday, September 26, 2009

busy fun saturday



It's time for me to load videos. These ones are a few weeks old and a lot can happen in a few weeks in the life of kids! Some more pictures from the visit with grandpa Ray and Grandma Sue. They took us to our favorite restaurant- Schewan. Sue's daughter also came to Abilene to visit some and became an instant favorite with Emora, who doesn't take to strangers easily. She must have known that Becky is family too.



Today has been fun. Ivan did much better at soccer today. He was not quite as shy and intimidated. He kicked the ball a couple of times (once in the wrong direction, but at least it didn't make it into our goal). I did find out that this is one of the stars on our team's third time to be in soccer already. Did I mention these are 4 year olds? So maybe that explains some of his ability and experience. As we were driving over, we were reminding Ivan to take risks, run, kick and go for it. After I'd given my two cents and Brian gave his, Dominique launched in too, telling him how to play soccer. Once again I realized how it is not so fair on the first child. He has to figure out everything on his own. He had no prior knowledge of soccer or any team sport, but Dominique, thanks to him already has the general idea of getting it in our goal and stopping the other team from scoring. Did I also mention that I was a first child? So I feel for him.



The balloon festival is this weekend, so after soccer the kids got to go jump on jumpy castles, ride in a train ride and Dominique rode a horse for an outrageous amount of tickets. It was so hot that Brian and I were looking for a way to finish up with their tickets in a hurry. Ivan had already said he didn't want to try the horse, but after he saw how much fun Dominique had, he wanted to! By then we were more than ready to leave however and out of tickets, plus there is more fun to be had, so he threw fits all the way to our van and finally decided to behave when we told him his going to the library activities and balloon festival tonight was in jeopardy. Tonight, they take off, come back and light up at night. It's really pretty and the kids have talked about it all year.



Emora laughing at siblings playing ball


Ivan's friend song

3 comments:

Nana said...

I love balloons. I worked with a lady at school whose husband was a ballonist. Al brought one to school to show the children a ballon up "close and personal". It really was neat. Ivan keep up the good work on soccer. Did I mention before how cute you look in your uniform?

Anonymous said...

One of the big girls now! Emore looks so pleased with herself.Good to see her doing so much.As her cousin would say it's fun.Glad you had a lovely time with the other Grans.Sorry don't remember relating to the first child syndrome,may be I didn't know.Love mom

Anonymous said...

Forget! I like the song.You have the voice Ivan. Keep working at it. grandma r