Monday, September 14, 2009

Quick weekend



.


Life has been a whirlwind the last little while. We have started with Ivan's soccer and speech therapy, so that has added to our weekly living, then we also went to Houston over the weekend for Brian's 20th high school reunion. I got to meet legends from his past that I had only heard about and others who have shared life with him total unknownst to me. That is pretty cool. It was so short, so that made it a bit of a bummer, but the kids still got every minute out of Papa and Nana that they could. They ate pizza and stayed up late playing Cooties, which Dominique kept calling cuties. They also got bike rides, over and over, and over again. I'm still resting my knee, so I let the grands work up a sweat! I got a little better educated about race car driving thanks to Papa who was very gracious to endure my constant questions as we watched the latest nascar race on tv. Brian said he would have loved to have my piano lessons from growing up, which I hated and I would have loved to have his neighborhood swimming pool. Houston is made for swimming- hot and humid for half the year, or so it seems.

Now we are home in time to receive Grandpa Ray and Grandma Sue from NY! They live even farther than my folks in Canada, if you can believe it, so it is a huge treat for them to come and Grandma Sue doesn't always make it down, so this is extra special. Traditions continue, they made it here during the fair, so maybe we'll go as usual and see the sights, pet some critters and catch a rodeo. Ivan's been asking if we could go, but I think he wants to ride. I'm sure he would change his mind as soon as he saw how big the horses are up close, or how far down it seems once on top!

Ivan is having his hearing tested tomorrow (as part of his therapy to rule out that angle) and the regular speech therapy, plus soccer, during my water aerobics class and the grands arrive... so I better get to bed!

2 comments:

Ian said...

Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

Papa said...

It was sure fun racing up and down the street with Ivan and Dominique holding on tight to the handlebars. Dominique, do you have complete ownership of the "pink" cootie body?