Tuesday, September 08, 2009

How many Texans does it take to hang a picture?

In case you were wondering how the composition of the portrait came about. We combined these two shots, the pose from one and the background from the other, and changed the background a little to make it look like she was just on the cement, not on the grass.

This was the day I got rid of the skin color, which was a total relief since it had been frustrating me for 2 weeks or more. Of course, later, I did more touch up of things I noticed and wished I still had my original mix. So I fudged it instead.

Here are Ivan and Dominique with their hammers while daddy hung the painting. Did you know it takes 3 hammers, 3 people and 1 nail to hang a picture? Well it does in our house.

Emora is trying to take off. Here she is doing her latest favorite pose. She rocks and wants to move from here, but hasn't quite gotten it yet. She also loves to stand and yesterday I got her to finally lift her feet up one at a time so that we could walk a bit around the room with her holding my hands. It was so cool and she giggled and laughed so happy with herself.

Nana came a month or 2 ago and we are heading to her place now this weekend. Brian is official old. Yep, it's his 20th high school grad. reunion. I am far younger. I have years before mine! (ok, 2 years- haha).

Ivan did great at speech therapy today. He can make the K sound if he thinks hard about it, but then kept reverting to a T sound. The therapist had him do lots of K sound words and gave them to him as homework. We are also going to have his hearing tested next week to rule out if it is hearing associated.

3 comments:

Nana said...

It sounds like there is a lot of action going on at the Baggett house. Ivan has another soccer practice tonight, right?

Ian said...

Emora has such charming blue eyes.

Ian said...

I'm not sure if I would trust your two helpers with the hammers though.