Thursday, July 31, 2008

wonderful pool day



We had a most wonderful day at the pool. We as in Ivan, Dominique, me and a friend. I haven't hung out with Paula all summer and so it was a treat to see her, plus we went to the State Park, through beautiful Buffalo Gap, where there is a big outdoor pool and a great kiddie pool. When I told Ivan there was a kiddie pool, he asked if he could bring Smaky- our cat. I didn't get it. He explained "you know for the kitty pool".

I could sit by a pool and in it frequently, out in a camping area, with a book and relaxed kids and be totally happy for the rest of my life. Unfortunately, Ivan does not share my passion for relaxed pool visits. After we were in it about 40 minutes he was asking to go home. But I didn't give in and he and Dominique both enjoyed the second and third dips we took out there. We stayed quite a while, about 4 hours and I feel like I got a nice taste of summer- as opposed to what we have been having which is the burnt taste of summer. It's been topping 100 F here everyday, so I do a pool time at home or at the YMCA once a week with the foursome- as seen in the pics. It's not as nice as going to a real outdoor pool, but it's some fun outside.

Jenn got Ivan a train with one of his names on it. He has two middle names, one of which is Truth, so I painted it and it happens to match the painting we put it under. Thanks to all who have left name suggestions. Keep them coming to all you silent types yet to write. We will be telling you what we are having- son or daughter at the end of the month, if you are waiting that moment ;)

Today is a big day since we are going to a skating party tonight and I have swim class. I should be folding laundry since it is laundry day too, but Ivan is on the bed where the laundry is. Oh WHY did he just HAVE to sleep there? (ha, ha). Actually I tried to go in and fold anyways, when I realized he wasn't totally asleep, but just pretending to sleep, so that forced me to come on the computer and post.

Dominique has been playing on her trike since she got it at Christmas, but mostly scooting it forward with her feet. For a while she couldn't reach the pedals properly. Then recently she was figuring out how to push the pedals around and around. She mastered the skill in the last week or so and has been gleefully chasing the boys with her bike.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Were there a lot of people at the State Park pool? Is Thursday morning a good time to go? I'm thinking about taking my son.

Ian said...

I remember being at that pool; you took me once too!

GMS said...

GREAT JOB RIDING THAT BIKE, Dominique.
And, yes, Ivan, I saw you in the video too.

Kimberley said...

For the record, I'd much rather live through our Canadian winters than your Texas summers!