Sunday, July 20, 2008

Onslaught of pics


OK, since I've been home for a couple of weeks and life goes on, plus I've already posted all these on facebook, so I figured I needed to get all these pics up for you to see from my trip to Canada. Of course one of the greatest highlights was to see and play with my one and only niece- Imogen! She is such a happy little girl- to the delight of us all. She loves all the attention too. Here is a rare picture of her without a smile- she kept wanting to drink the ice water from the glass, but made this funny face each time.













I got to look through some old photo albums and there was a picture of the acreage the year I left for University. It looked like such a desert despite mom's efforts with a huge flower garden. When I showed it to dad, he said he needed to take a new picture of it today. The trees have grown and it's so beautiful. So I also ran to get my camera, knowing that I would find a funny creature on the rooftop. I was not disappointed, he even waved and smiled. My family is a bunch of crazed photo takers- anything for a good shot! I am sad that I didn't have my camera or get pics when I got to see Sarah, Ninette, their kids and Irene! That was really dumb and un-MacLeod-ish of me.



Here is Jenn and me touching the next baby to come in the family. We have been able to see each other at some point in each of our pregnancies- I do believe- so that is pretty amazing. We may even have a pic of us touching the pregnant belly like this one for each pregnancy. This will be the 5th between the two of us! So that is pretty impressive considering that we live 27 hours apart by car.

My last day in Saskatoon, Mom, Jenn, Imogen and I decided I should see some of the city before I leave. We walked along a newly renovated part of the trail along the river. It was beautiful and we got to see a little museum about the early days of Saskatoon, which I was surprised to realize was not very long in existence before dad's family moved there. So very young and so much has changed and grown up in such a relatively short time. I guess cities can be that way.

2 comments:

GMS said...

Even though I saw these pics on facebook, I loved the story you tell on this blog to go with them. Great memories and a great way to keep in touch with all - far and near.

Ian said...

Did you know that Saskatoon was declared to be Canada's culture capital this year?
Also you saw a part of Saskatoon before I did. How did you manage that?