Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Sunny days






We're getting ready for a huge party bash. The neighborhood kids helped us fill the pinata with candy and make spider snacks out of marshmellows and pretzels. Grandma and Grandpa found all sorts of spider paraphenalia (easier done at the end of October) for our decor. We'll have a huge web and the spider pinata, spider cake, scavenger hunt, crafts making spiders... and the standard burgers, hot dogs, cake and ice cream. So that's what we've been up to. If grandpa sneaks away to the shed, he'll be putting together Ivan's big gift that is in a big box and probably in 354 pieces all carefully explained in 13 languages, none of which is English- have fun grandpa ;) Meanwhile, I'm going to make my delicious box cakes and spend hours decorating them- well, hopefully just one hour, but I doubt it.

The weather here is absolutely perfect, although a little windy today. It's been a little cooler, but still warm. I can't figure out if I should wear pants or shorts and think I should change several times throughout the day while I try to gage if it's getting cooler, or hotter- but that would mean not just changing me, but changing two toddlers- who really should probably be changed anyways because they are most likely covered in mud, or lunch, or a snack or the dog water, or chocolate milk, but that would require way more work than I'm willing to do when the day is so smackinly pretty (like I need an excuse).

Our awesome news is that Ivan has gone #2 in the potty. He now regularly does #1 in the potty and in his big boy pants, depending on his mood. To those of you who are rolling your eyes, this is really big news- REALLY BIG, OK? It's much harder than it sounds. To those of you who have lived through this ordeal- thank you for your tears of thanks over this momentous occasion.

Hope you enjoy more pictures and videos from the family reunion and our visit with Grandma Sue and Grandpa Ray.



2 comments:

jenn with two n's said...

Yeah Ivan. Auntie Jenn is so proud of you! You are ready to be three years old. I loved hearing you say you can do it all by yourself--you are a BIG BOY!

It looks like the kids have been having a wonderful time with all the grands. What a blessing!
Hello to all.

Nana said...

YEAH Ivan!!! Nana and Papa are really proud of you. We know how hard you have been trying to accomplish this task. Like Auntie Jenn said "you're now ready to be 3". Hip, hip, hooray!! We are excited to hear about your birthday. Let me know a good time to call. I don't want to interupt your "spider" party.