Thursday, October 11, 2007

A new wave





Our next set of grandparents arrived. I'm sorry I haven't already posted about it, but it's been a little crazy around here. Tues. was a very hectic day, but we got to the airport and their flight was delayed (meaning we were no longer late ;) Ivan and Dominique took to Grandpa Ray and Grandma Sue immediately. They must have a sixth sense about these things. They haven't seen Grandpa Ray in over a year and Grandma Sue in two years (Dominique and her met for the first time and hit it right off). While my family may be in another country, GPR and GMS are our furthest relatives geographically.

I feel bad because they have been ditched with the kids tons already and they only just got here. The night they arrived the YMCA called me up to sub some classes, so I was gone all of the next morning and this morning, and they will keep the kids for us again tonight. It wouldn't have been worth it, except that I negotiated us into some free day passes for them to the Y, so we will get to have a couple of family swim times together.



I've also been busy getting birthday stuff going. I made Ivan's invitations last night. When he saw them this morning he said :"wow, how awesome!" That was hilarious. Another funny thing was when we were playing I spy yesterday. Ivan said "I spy with my little eye, something that is a fish".

I should be working on the pinata right now. Ivan picked a spider theme, so I'm making a spider pinata, cake and invitations. He and Dominique don't want to sleep while company is here. They have been fighting sleep and me, but I told Ivan if he didn't sleep, he wouldn't get to go out with the grandparents tonight. He told me: "I have to go take a long nap, don't wake me up" No problem on that Ivan. So on to the pinata.

We're going to a family reunion this weekend, so I'm not sure if I'll post until we get back.

Does your family have reunions? how often? What's your favorite reunion memory?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We just LOVE spending time with Ivan and Dominique. You have done an absolutely marvelous job in shaping their loving accepting personalities.

I never really had reunions or a "big" family, so this should be fun.

Anonymous said...

How do you make piniatas? (spelling?) We don't have them here, though I know what it is, and so I wonder how you make them.

Familiy reuinon is an North American tradition I would say. Usually we see our family or parts of them over here on a regular basis. (For birthdays, weddings, or just for a plain visits because we live "around the corner".) I can't remember any big reuninon where everyone was present.

Ian said...

You don't call them zuwoberts anymore?

Madame Angela Baggett said...

piñatas can be made out of paper maché. I used two balloons, covered them in paper maché and will paint them. Most people just by them already made. I'll post pictures.

ya dad- I still call them zwubberts and they are still tons of fun!