Saturday, October 20, 2007

Happy Birthday falsetto



3 years ago today I hadn't yet seen his face, or heard his cry, or smelled his sweet baby body.

We were headed toward what was undoubtably the biggest transition of our lives.

We became parents. I became a mother and Ivan my son.

Life has never been the same, nor would I want it to be.

We were given a treasure that grows with each year as love unfolds and memories are built.

We love you Ivan and happy 3rd Birthday!

(OK, so it's my birthday too. Thanks mom and dad for passing through the same as us some 34 years ago)- wow, so long already! It looks like such a big number in print. Much longer than the way it's embodied in my mind.

What's your favorite kind of cake/dessert for your birthday? Do you have birthday traditions?

4 comments:

Deana said...

Happy Birthday to you both! What a beautiful little voice!!!

Max's party was tonight, and it was much fun!

jenn with two n's said...

Happy Birthday! Great singing Ivan. I'm so proud of you Ivan. You are a wonderful nephew. So glad we will get to see you soon. Love you.

Nana said...

That's the best birthday gift a mom can receive. The birthday song from her child. Good voice Ivan. Favorite birthday cake, German Chocolate, or anything chocolate. As a child my mom made her special chocolate cake with home made fluffy frosting. I can still remember the taste. Other then that no special traditions.

Anonymous said...

Well, we have a butter cream cake that my granny makes for all birthdays. And this year I made it with her to figure out how it works. (So I can make it in Canada, since you all already liked my layer cake.)

Besides that we usually get together and just celebrate. Each year is different because our weather is not so constant.