Thursday, June 28, 2007

Playing life





Ivan and I were playing the board game Life. Do you remember that one? It was pretty interesting playing with him, so I thought I'd share with you some highlights.

He had the choice between 1-artist 2-teacher 3-travel agent and he chose artist. He also earned $100 000/year, so I take it he was a pretty good artist. When he married, I asked what his wife's name was and he said: Mini. When I got married, I said that I got to put daddy in the car and Ivan got confused with reality and thought daddy really had come home. He had twins and I gave him the choice of 2 boys, a boy and girl or 2 girls and he chose 2 girls. He got a beach house on the ocean, that he was pretty pleased about. At one point, he told me he needed to buy some food (which is not a part of the game, but obviously should be!) When he had a choice of having a baby boy or going on a picnic, he chose to go on a picnic.

I posted 3 pics of Dominique that are almost all the same because I liked each one for a different reason and couldn't decide which to post.

Craftiness:

Dominique, to our amazement found Ivan's sandals today. We've been looking for them for 1 1/2 weeks. I've even checked lost and founds, friend's cars, upturned the house several times... It was in a small box we put toys in, with it's lid on, right under our noses. This goes to show that sometimes an 11 month old is smarter than two adults and a toddler.

Saba, our dog figured out how to open our back screen door from inside and from outside. This is bad news since she hasn't figured out how to wipe her paws, keep the cat in or close it behind her. The cat has gotten out twice today. There is a line of muddy prints from the back door to Dominique's kitchen chair (Saba's favorite feeding spot) and I've spent the night swatting flies (some of which suck our blood). So hooray for canine intelligence. If only she could learn how to heel and change diapers, I wouldn't mind the door so much.

7 comments:

GMS said...

Interesting crafty stories. Youngest finds lost objects as dog learns to open door. Does Dominque know enough not to go out it on her own?
No telling what she'll find out in the yard.

Anonymous said...

I love Saba, she is so smart. *lol* I guess you have to add something to the door to keep her from opening it.

Trail Rider said...

I love hearing your voice on the videos....it's familiar and one I've known for almost all my life....

It's so exciting when they learn to walk. ivan has your eyes, by the way :)

Madame Angela Baggett said...

GMS- Dominique has not yet discovered how to get down stairs or escape. Ivan however followed an older kid out our back gate today.

Thanks Sarah- that was so sweet what you said about hearing my voice and about Ivan having my eyes. I keep looking for myself in them and wondering where my supposed dominant genes disappeared to!

Andrea- I wish you could see our yard now- it's so lush and green. You would appreciate the difference rain has had.

Davis Family said...

The other night I was totally confused I could find blankie but I couldn't find "other blankie" (that is Gavin's name for the second favorite blanket. He likes to have both at bed and I looked everywhere. The next day about supper time I opened up a small toy bin with a lid and there it was! I learned my lesson - always look in the closed containers!
Glad you found the sandels!

Anonymous said...

Think of you often Angela and Brian and those kiddoes are sure cute!!
Love Sharon

Ian said...

I just got home from my annual canoe trip with Bob Parker and guess whose blog I checked first? I am so glad that you spend the time to post pics of the grandchildren. Love dad.