Sunday, June 17, 2007

Our little smarty

I'm the first child and I tell you, the first has to pave the way for the next. Few people believed me when I claimed that I was the reason my sister is so smart. I had to learn everything first, figure out the world, learn to walk and talk and phonetisize all on my own, but not the second child. The first one does all the hard work and the next just has to mimic and voila- they've got it! The world is so clear, so understandable and un-lonely with big brother (or sister) leading the way. As it should be.

Here Dominique has learned her phonetics along with Ivan.



In case you don't believe that she actually understands, we'll make it totally clear.


Now before you think she's a total genius- we have her a bit stumped. She has a restricted sound range as of yet, so when we asked what the V says, the T or M, she still says "ahh". Ivan is 25 letters ahead of her, for now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is one smart girl.

Deana said...

how sweet!

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Mom just reminded me how I always wanted my little sister with me as I tried out new things. I think Ivan is some like that too. Maybe it's something with birth order, because Ivan is more cautious, but Dominique thinks everything is safe. It is comforting having a sister around, even if she is younger. There is power in twos!

Davis Family said...

My best friend used to claim that her 2 year old nephew could ad. And he could - as long as it totalled 8. What is 4+4 or 5+3 or 6+2 - you get it - 8! Very clever eh?

Sarahmac said...

Ivan's giggle is so cute.