Monday, June 11, 2007

Ivan update

The doctor checked Ivan's chest, ears, throat, did a strep test and nothing came up. He said that a throat virus has been going around and that that is probably what it is. Ivan has a mild rash on his chest and he said that is a sign he's coming to the end of this. It's lasting 3-5 days. So we're just to keep giving him Motrin and Tylenol to keep his fevers reigned in and let him fight it off. I was relieved he didn't have anything and also sad we didn't have some instant medicine to cure him! Ivan was a monster at the office. When he realized where we were going, he said he felt much better and wasn't sick. He kept saying that he didn't want to go to the doctor's house and that he didn't like the bed/couch. He wouldn't stand on the scale and I couldn't talk to the doctor above the screaming. But he got a sticker anyways. Kids get all the breaks!

3 comments:

Deana said...

I'm sorry he's feeling poorly...but all I could think was poor mommy. I hope he gets over it soon, and that he doesn't share the germs with the rest of you!

Nana said...

Ivan, Nana knows little boys don't like to go to the "doctor's house". Be a brave boy so the doctor can help make you feel better. Nana had to go the doctor yesterday because of an eye infection. I knew the doctor would make me feel better, and she did. Love you.

Barbara said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. The street memories used to come frequently. I don't post as much now, mostly because I haven't been getting those flashes of memories. I try to get them down as soon as I think of them so they don't get lost.


The kids are getting so big so fast. Hard to believe that my oldest is 34 now and my baby is almost 31. I remember their first steps so clearly.