Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Bubbly fun




Dictionivary:

prettyful- he pronounces it like you would beautiful, stressing the first syllables

Ivan is totally into birthdays right now and wants very much to have his own party. He always asks where his party is. If you ask him when his party is he will tell you October. I can't stop laughing about our conversation today:

I- "Where is my birthday mommy?
A- "Your birthday is in October"
I- "Well, I want to go!"
A- "Ivan, October is a time"
I- "Well, it's time to go!"

What can I answer to that, other than giggles?

His other cute expression right now is: "That is a good idea"/ "is that a good idea?"/"that is an idea for Ivan?" that he often adds after he thinks of something to do or places a request.

5 comments:

GMS said...

Does he remember Halloween?
You could always use that as an anchor by telling him his birthday is a little before Halloween.
Might work!!!

Ian said...

Or you could tell him that he was born exactly 100 years after Tommy Douglas was born!

Ian said...

By the way Mary Muirhead would get a kick out of that answer too.

Nana said...

Or you could tell him "it's after Nana's and before Halloween".

Anonymous said...

Just tell him to wait for mommy's birthday.