Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Story time


Of course, the obvious: they are growing up quick. Just how quick continues to astound me. Dominique is leaning against the wall in the picture. We are seeing her personality come out more and more. She is very easy going and loves people. She also loves food. She hasn't pushed away anything I've given her and doesn't stop unless I quit shoveling it in. She could probably out eat her brother.

It is so shocking how fast they grow. Ivan likes to lay on top of me with his head on my chest like he did as a baby (a year ago). This position is not comfortable like it used to be- for either of us. I noticed though that his head was under my chin, with my head tilted up and I could feel his toes on my knees. That means all he has left to catch up with me is the height of my head and lower leg and I'm 6' tall! I'm guessing they must slow down in growing height over the next couple of decades because at this rate he'd be like 20' or something.

About the video: You may not be able to follow along since you don't have the story memorized like we do and some days he reads a story better than others. He skipped a page and it through him off a bit, but I hope you can follow along and enjoy the story. And now... master Ivan with the reading:

7 comments:

@mber said...

Hey Angela, the video isn't working... is it just me?

GMS said...

It worked the next morning, like I told Grandpa Ray it would.
Let Ivan know that we all loved his story reading.
What a boy!!!!

@mber said...

It worked, very cute! And Dominique is looking so much older.

Lady J said...

I stand by my former comment that she looks a year old already! They do grow up too fast don't they? As time goes by, it only speeds up! Compared to a lot of other kids his age, Harrison still sounds young when he talks, but then I listen to Ivan, and Harrison sounds like an adult! It makes me miss his toddler voice, but makes me appreciate Ivan's that much more! So cute!!!

Lin said...

What a great reader. You can kind of follow along but I just look at the pictures anyways! She does look a lot older and I wonder if she and Jac should have an eating contest. Jac doesn't push food away either.

armacleod said...

Man, you ppl access these pages too fast. It takes a while for that video site to get it linked. But it is amazing how fast they grow up. Mimi already looks like a lady. Ivan will be able to really read soon. The question is: Does momma and dadda have grey hairs yet?

Nana said...

Good story Ivan. Do you read Christoper Robin to Dominique?