Saturday, March 17, 2007

the supper


Our hopes for a harvest is shown here with the blooming buds of our peach tree. It's bloomed every year and we have yet to eat a single peach from it. The first year, ants ate them, the second, birds ate our crop and last year a late freeze did them in. We are all the wiser and hope that this is our year! I've calculated that there must be about 500 on our 7 foot twiggy tree, so there should be plenty even if we can't keep the invaders from them. We'll see.

I tried to get Ivan to retell a story he was recounting of a painting we have. His retelling wasn't as good as the first, but at least I got his "ho-hey" on tape. According to the dictionivary that translates as "OK". The picture is Jesus with some poor children. Ivan of course assumes that they must be having supper and if they are having supper, with Jesus, they are of course having desert as a meal and not all that other stuff. That night we had fruit salad and yogurt for desert, thus his telling comes to fruition (forgive the punn!!)

4 comments:

Davis Family said...

Wow - how cute!

Trail Rider said...

the pic of dominique...she is sure getting big! the pigtails make her look so grown up!! a peach tree!!!??? that's super cool! I want an apple tree, lots of things it seems these days that i want....and should wait for them....

Kimberley said...

First, I have to say that the photo of your peach tree is amazing! I hope that you get some fruit from it. We have a strawberry patch, but I have to watch for worms - gross!

I love how Ivan says "Oh hey, right?" Very cute.

Anonymous said...

I heard "Jesus" and "supper" but I think I miss the "Oh hey, right."
I miss you guys a lot. He Ivan still doing the sign language for "please"? I love that one.