Sunday, March 11, 2007

in front of your nose


Dominique started the week with her new sound: "baba", next came "dada" and a day later "mama". I'm not sure she knows we are mama and dada. Brian was telling her this morning: "I am dada". Ivan who had to have the exact same breakfast as dadda, piped right in and said "I am Ivan". Glad we all know who we are.


I discovered Ivan one day playing hide-and-seek with his sister. This version is for the movement impaired. It's called "right in front of your nose". You know how sometimes you can't find something and it is right there?

Ivan funnies: a stray cat was at our door, desperate to get in. Ivan presented his argument in her favor: "cat inside, cat barking". She did sound pitiful.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is soo adorable how he plays with her. But I think she doesn't really get the whole "pull" thing yet. Maybe in some month.
Now, do you feel sad that Mimi said Dada first? Or is it unimportant to you?

armacleod said...

Looks like they are having a blast down there.

Lady J said...

Talking...talking?! Girls really are different aren't they? Harrison didn't utter a word until he was 12 mos old and then it was "pup", then "dada" then "mama" last! Guess you can see where I ranked on his totem pole!!! By age 2 he only had 10 words and didn't really start talking until closer to 3! WOW...your kids are geniuses!

Anonymous said...

I remember when when you were three (at Spalding, and I used to hide you in a cardboard box, place you on the top shelf in a closet and then have your mom try to find you. It wasn't too hard for her because you kept saying, "Here I am; here I am!"
Dad

Lin said...

I know I say this all the time but they are so cute!! She already has more words than Jac! It's not hard to beat. Jac can't say Harley but she can quote lines from the movie Rent. Of course, it is one line, "Speak!"

Madame Angela Baggett said...

dad- you are crazy! I can't believe that we all survived your antics!! Up on a shelf in a box! You will be under strict supervision as I play with ours, or maybe I'll just put them in hockey gear with helmets first! ha, ha. Thanks for the story!

Andrea- not sorry at all. I really hope when as she wakes in the night she'll call with love: dadda!

Netts- maybe not geniuses. They have to learn, since we are so clueless to their needs at times. I remember Ivan being thirsty and us forgetting to get him drinks. He'd stand there crying and pointing to a sippy cup and we'd be there going, what does he want??

Lin- I have no worries about Jac's abilities. Maybe she figures you and Harley talk enough for all of you?? ha, ha. She'll get there I'm sure. Dad said he's not talk on purpose and he has no probs now- ha, ha