Sunday, December 03, 2006

Thanksgiving in Houston












Ok, so I still wasn't done sharing about our time in Houston, but we had to interupt the tales to bring the excitement of the snow before it melted and left a puddle of a memory on our lives. It's crazy to look over the pictures taken just a week or so ago and remember how warm and sunny it was in Houston, it's much more humid there and even rained. It reminds me more of Jamaica than Canada although we are on the same continent.

Ivan still cries when we come home and yells: "no, nanna house, back nanna" and points down the road to take us back to Nanna's. I'm not sure he realizes that she does not live accross town, but 6 hours away.







Nanna had to work a couple of days, so Brian helped put up christmas lights and the next day we went to a park (of course), but in Houston, there are tall trees! It was really very beautiful. They have animals too at this park that can be viewed through the fence: goats, deer, pigs, buffalo, ostridge...

2 comments:

Ian said...

I'm looking forward to seeing Y'all in S'toon soon. We have had lots of snow and Ivan will be able to help make a quinzy. It has been cold also but I hope it warms up before you get here.

Anonymous said...

Warm up? Ian, it's Canada, it shouldn't warm up. I am looking forward to -40°C. *lol*
Honestly, I am sitting here in Derry and I don't feel like Christmas at all. That's because it's like 8°C and raining most of the time. No decorations in my room...it's a bit sickning.
Anyway, looking forward to see ya'll in 8/9 days.