Wednesday, December 13, 2006

our packing day

We are so excited about getting to Canada tomorow and of course spent the day packing, doing last minute erands, saying goodbyes (Big Buddy got to come home from the hospital today) and trying to get the house clean some. Brian did about all the cleaning while I tried to pack and rest some (I have been fighting off a cold). Jenn called. It was good to talk although my mind was all over the place. It will be better just to be together. Tomorow--- yeah!

Ivan got right in on all the action. He kept repeating "Grandpa Ian, Grandma Ruth, Auntie John" (he hasn't gotten the aunties and uncles down quite right yet). He kept pulling out our two swim noodles and adding them to the bags. I guess he thinks we should swim while we're there, which we're not.

For the grand send off, I've got a couple of videos. I don't know when I'll get to post next, so I'll just load you up ;)


Dominique is loving rice cereal. Notice how she grabs at my hand to stuff the spoon in her mouth?



Ivan of course has to be in the middle of all the action. He just loves to help out.



Maybe he can carry a bag. I think I have way more winter clothes than I need for Texas and they wouldn't all fit into the luggage either. Maybe I need to downsize. I feel like we've packed the house, and we pretty much have. We have 11 items. 7 checked luggage including 2 car seats and 4 carry ons including a diaper bag. Uggg. We can't possibly have forgotten anything!

When going on a long trip, do you pack in advance or the night before? do you tend to over or underpack? Out of the four of us, who do you think has the smallest suitcase?

3 comments:

Madame Angela Baggett said...

I pack the day before, although I had a list going of things to remember to pack. I usually pack the right amount, but this time I think we have too much! Ivan has the smallest suitcase. No baby blankets and baby stuff and clothes half our size!

Kimberley said...

It depends where we're going. If we're going somewhere warm and it's the middle of winter here, I'll start putting aside the clothes that I want a few days before. Final packing though - the night before.

I guessed wrong. I was going to say that Brian has the smallest suitcase!

I hope you brought an extra one along. I'm sure your family will load you all up at Xmas.

Travel safe. I'm sorry that I won't see you this trip. One day soon I'll meet your children - I promise.

Lady J said...

I start packing the week before, usually pack way too much, so spend the rest of the week downsizing, so that by the time we're ready to go, I have just the right amount of stuff I'll need! The only thing I pack the night before or morning of is my toothbrush and hairbrush! Bon Voyage!