Thursday, December 07, 2006

Mr Not So Helpful

Ivan has adopted a pretty horrific personality lately. He is whiny and jealous and screaming (constantly). Yesterday, he just wasn't feeling good (had a fever 101.8), so I give him that day, but it's been this growing thing of discontent. One person suggested it could be teeth coming in, but I didn't feel any. I think part of it is that he is trying to say more and more and I just don't understand it all. Also, he doesn't like "no". I'm not sure I've met a person who has liked "no", so I guess he's normal. He does seem to act better around others and in new situations, so maybe the change of scenery will help him become a little more bearable???

On a positive note. Ivan's favorite game right now is hide-and-seek. He likes to count and find people (with help, like them calling out to him). He's not very good at finding people. He looked for his daddy under one of Dominique's little blankets that was flat on the floor. I guess he thought daddy could just be ANYWHERE! He's not very good at hiding either. I'll hide him and as soon as the person is done counting, he jumps out and yells "Ivan, Ivan!"


Speaking of hide and seek... Ivan broke our closet door during a game of hide-and-seek that he was playing all by himself. When I told him he broke it, he got some tools and a stool and started pounding on it. Then instead of taking all those trips to return all the tools, he loaded them in Dominique's bathtub and pushed it back to their rightful place. I was pretty impressed until I saw all the little dents in the door to add to the broken roller.

2 comments:

jenn with two n's said...

He obviously has a heart that wants to make things right! 6 more days!

jenn with two n's said...

I also love the hide-n-seek video. I always loved this game. As i got older I also loved sardines--the fun of being ofund and then hiding together was fun. When I was 21 we played this for my birthday. One friend nad I hid in a cupboard that also had the stereo! I remember another time Andrew and Everett hiding inside a wall and cupboard. It is good to be like little children!