Friday, October 13, 2006

credit where credit is due



You may have to click on my new profile picture to see it very well, but it is by our very own daddy of the house. He drew our family under a rainbow. I messed around on the computer way too late a couple of times creating this new look. Hope you like it. It did require something that can be pretty hard for me: making decisions. It was easy enough before when I could just choose from about 5 templates. Now blogger offers about 30 templates and you can choose to change colors and format.

We've had a good week and are looking forward to a great weekend. We are heading out in the morning for a "Baggett" family reunion. I put Baggett in parenthesis because the great aunts have other names and I think it will be mostly their kids. We will get to meet all sorts of second cousins and I know we'll have fun. I have lots of fond memories of times with my cousins and second cousins and am so excited Ivan and Dominique will get to meet all these families (and me too!)

Above are more sidewalk chalk pictures by the dad and Ivan. Our son is also very creative with ice cream. Here is what happened when he tried to stick his head in the bowl and suction out the remaining stubborn smudges of chocolate stuck to the bowl. Dominique is growing and cooing, smiling and has laughed a time or two, so that is fun. She is more and more interested in her surroundings and toys. We were watching a baby Einstein video and I am not exagerating, she imitated the sighing of one of the puppets as he cuddled down to sleep. We are just in constant amazement of these two little wonders and are ever so thankful to the Lover for provision and joy this week.

From the Ivan funnies: he makes motor noises for everything with a cord, which makes sense, except when he made a mower sound for the crock pot. He also enjoys talking to no one on the phone and will hold the phone for the dog and cat so they can talk on it as well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how sweet are these pictures. I like the last one very much. It looks so cute.
Have fun at the reunion!

Anonymous said...

I love that guilty chocolate face.

Ian said...

It is too bad you had to miss the remembrance we had for your Aunt Laveena Gittins. My cousin Don Eastcott from Edmonton had just gotten back from Cape Breton Island in NS and had many stories to share about our relatives on the MacLeod side. He said he found about 2000 relatives.